The Jr. Logistics Clerk is responsible for reviewing daily load plan exceptions to effectively and efficiently determine appropriate shipment routing and communicating those requirements to the customer. This includes contacting transportation carriers and evaluates freight costs, availability, pick-up and delivery times.
• Assigns carrier and book loads into dispatch system, assure accurate information is available for dispatch and tracks loads using TMS
• Coordinates with carriers to ensure on-time delivery by tracking trucks for pick-up, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and recovering loads when necessary
• Responds to customer needs by answering e-mails, phone calls, tracking shipments, and moving shipments
• Reviews TMS data and assists in tracking late or potentially late deliveries
• Transportation experience required
• Good customer service and clerical skills
• Detailed oriented
• Proficient in Word and Excel.
Location: This position is open in the Tampa, FL and Elmhurst, IL offices.
If you would like to be considered for one the positions we currently have available, please email your resume to email@example.com